Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mixed Reactions; The New Years' Bash, Warm Weather and Defections

I am back to earth, kuba we survived a road accident whilst driving to my cousin’s family get together party (on new-years’ eve) in Windsor, Ontario. I must say, God was with us that day. Imagine traveling at 140 km/hr on that busy 401 West highway and emerging from the wreck unscathed, GOD IS GREAT.

All this commenced with a fierce knock at the rear, then violent shakes before skidding off the highway. On disembarking we realized in horror that both rear tires were “kaput!!” It turns out six other cars had skidded off the same lane with bust tires, probably something we run over. All in all, this close call was a manifestation of his presence.



Hopes Standing at the scene (like nothing happened) 45
minutes after the accident. I refused, categorically, to have
my snap taken with what would have been our coffin.


Anyways, we made it to Peruth’s home intact and had a wonderful time mingling with all these cousins most of whom were on holidays from Africa. The house basement hosted the party as Chameleon & co. club music mix blared fiercely till morning. It was a wonderful day for me.



Feliste encouraging the troops to trump on.

Btw, I have just learnt that I did not do the Acute Care & Traumatic Condition exams well. Unlike Quantitative Methods which I barely passed, I was certain of a super mark in Acute Care and I am still wondering what went wrong. I do not have to re-write Acute Care exams though since it does not seriously affect my GPA, but a C grade does not cut it with anything dealing with Pharmacology (QM) in a Nursing program. So I am back to the drawing boards, cutting out slacking time to make sure I am sure of a better grade in QM this time around.

Last week Liberal MP of a Toronto area riding of Mississauga-Streetville, Wajid Khan, crossed the floor to Harper’s ruling Conservatives in fashion thus affecting the balance of power in the House of Commons. This is not the first time defections are happening and I am sure not the last time. People like David Emerson crossed from the Liberals to the Conservatives, Belinda Stronach from Conservative to Liberal, Scott Brison from Conservative to Liberal, David Kilgour from Conservative to Liberal, Jack Horner from Conservative to Liberal, Paul Helyer from Liberal to Conservative et al.

The question is, how ethical is it for an MP to defect from one party to another without consulting his constituents? Most voters cast their ballots for a party and expect the person entrusted to represent them in upholding their beliefs, values, principles, ideas, or policies on party lines. Wajid Khan breached the trust the electorate in the Mississauga riding had in him by seeking personal gain over their values. Enough said.

It is January and here I am bedecked in a springtime coat! Mother Nature is still holding her weather cards tightly close to her chest with a poker face on. It seems that the days of long, cruel, cold winters are long gone, but with that poker face, who knows what the future holds?

I have mixed feelings towards this bizarre occurrence. With a black X-mas of a high 10°C in Hamilton (the term black Christmas refers to a Christmas without snow) it was not a surprise that many Hamiltonians directed their anguish, shaking their clenched fists towards the barren sky for all the wrong reasons I would imagine.

A warm winter has finally rejuvenated our financial standing. Gas is as cheap as it comes owing to the low demand for heating fuel and the municipality’s snow clearing. This means many households and indeed corporations are breaking even with a double cut on automobile gas costs, heating costs, miscellaneous expenses (i.e. frozen batteries or fuel lines in cars), a break on tax and fewer potholes on our roads this spring.

However, for that we pay a price. Cold weather usually kills infectious germs and their couriers. This warm winter is helping roaches, pests, rats, snakes et al. to thrive through a normally tough season and as a result the city is expecting a higher population of these rodents this summer. Farmers are not particularly pleased with a snow less winter since the soils need this snow for water and the plants need it to protect their roots from summer’s harsh winds and heat. Wine producers for instance are preparing for huge financial losses, leaving many winery jobs exposed to lay offs. This is a common phenomenon with many other snow dependant industries like ski operations et al.

Finally, I thank all of you that passed on encouraging and uplifting comments on my last post and to Eddie, I wish you a year flowing with milk and honey. Right there, just translated (for you) the Nyaru greeting in my previous post.

Ciao.

17 Comments:

Blogger Omar Basawad said...

Warm weather! Only God Knows what this year holds for us, but the worse is still to come. It reminds me of 'The Day After Tomorrow'. It could happen!

Thursday, January 11, 2007 12:06:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear i hope u are greatful each day for surviving that accident.. Good u had a blast after that terrible incident..

Thursday, January 11, 2007 9:14:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh rafiki, thank God u didn't die on us!!! but don't worry -now u'll live till your gums are empty. it's said when someone survives an accident, he/she'll never have another and will live until the second coming of christ!

Thursday, January 11, 2007 12:54:00 p.m.  
Blogger Saadiq said...

OMG, Jane i am so sorry for your accident!!Thank God you and hope are ok!!

Friday, January 12, 2007 6:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Pea said...

Ehh! I'm glad you came out of the accident alright and went on to enjoy yourself at the party. I might have been too scared to go any further. Have a safe 2007!

Saturday, January 13, 2007 4:29:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane, We wish you and your dear family a rewarding New year. Thanks for all those messages.

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:58:00 p.m.  
Blogger Uganda Tourism Press Journalists said...

Jane. hoping you and your charges are okay. that brush with "till kingdom come" was not a light thing. but now that you are safe and all shinny again, we look forward to more of your wise, thoughtful words. be mightilly blessed.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 5:11:00 a.m.  
Blogger Quillonpaper said...

Well glory to God ya'll were unscathed. I love that word there, whenever i use it, i to some extent (a lot actually) believe it's a word God's arch-enemy hates to hear about God's children. So I'll say it again, UNSCATHED!! Nways, good for ya'll that you're o.k. and godspeed the rest of the year Jane!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:59:00 a.m.  
Blogger jubrin.finance said...



My name is Elsa Holloway. I live in the US state of California, and I'm very happy woman today? I said to myself that any loan the bank can change my life and my family, and I refer anyone that is looking for a loan for Them.They gave me family, my happiness, you need a loan of $ 250,000.00 to start my life all over widow with two (2) of kids I meant this for fear of lending loan honest and God on the Internet , which helped me a loan of USD $ 250,000.00 Inc., are in fact the fear of God 's people, a reputable loan company. I am very happy that I got my loan today. If you in need of a loan and you are 100% sure to repay the loan , please contact them and please tell them that the woman, Elsa Holloway refer you to them. communication via email: jubrinunityfinancialloan@gmail.com

Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger funloanfirm said...

My Testimonies On How I got My Loan From A God sent And Genuine Loan Lender... Hello everyone, My name is Mrs Charina Joseph From Singapore and i am talking as the happiest person in the whole wide world today and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will tell the name to the whole wide world and i am so happy to say that my family is back for good because i was in need a loan of $ 100,000 USD to start my life all over as i am a single mum with 4 kids and the whole world seemed like it was hanging on me until i met the GOD sent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family, a GOD fearing lender,the director of the company Mr Yin Leps , he was the Savior GOD sent to rescue my family and at first i thought it was not going to be possible until i received my loan of $ 100,000 USD on the 5th/April/2016 and i will advise any one who is in genuine need of a loan to contact Mr Yin Leps via email at Abdallah.afandi@financier.com because he is the most understanding and kind hearten lender
and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr Yin Leps today for your loan

They offer all kind of categories of loan they

Short term loan (5_10years)
Long term loan (20_40)
Media term loan(10_20)
They offer loan like
Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan .......
Student loan..........,Business start up loan
Business loan....... , Company loan.............. etc
Email..........( Abdallah.afandi@financier.com )
When it comes to financial crisis and loan then Mr Yin Leps loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs Charina Joseph direct you Good Luck.... HS EMAIL IS : Abdallah.afandi@financier.com ......... Thanks, Contact him asap
God bless..........

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:52:00 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

kansas city chiefs jerseys
fitflops sale clearance
ralph lauren
chicago bulls jersey
skechers outlet
fitflops sale clearance
bears jerseys
chargers jerseys
michael kors handbags sale
cheap nike shoes sale

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous MarieOshinsky said...

Hi there, I found your web site via Google even as searching for a comparable subject, your website got here up, it looks good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 12, 2021 6:39:00 a.m.  
Anonymous caesarplay said...

I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the look for such information.

Monday, January 25, 2021 8:47:00 a.m.  
Anonymous tangkas said...

Dev Patel showed his great acting skills on SlumDog Millionaire, i would love to see more of his movies”

Tuesday, January 26, 2021 1:35:00 a.m.  
Anonymous gaspoweruk said...

A formidable share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit of analysis on this. And he the truth is bought me breakfast because I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If doable, as you turn into expertise, would you thoughts updating your weblog with more details? It’s extremely helpful for me. Massive thumb up for this weblog submit! gaspoweruk

Thursday, January 28, 2021 10:19:00 a.m.  
Anonymous dewislot777 said...

Can I simply say what a relief to search out someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You positively know tips on how to deliver an issue to gentle and make it important. More people must read this and understand this aspect of the story. I cant believe youre no more widespread because you positively have the gift.

Friday, January 29, 2021 11:27:00 p.m.  
Anonymous 99skincare said...

I have to convey my respect for your kindness for all those that require guidance on this one field.

Saturday, February 13, 2021 4:30:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home