Saturday, September 23, 2006

Satan's Mind Games at My Door Steps

Hola amigos. I know it’s been a while since my last rant, but planet earth hasn’t been kind to me lately. Btw, it had never occurred to me that my seemingly aimless rants had a staunch following not until my email gat kind of roughed up by numerous concerns, I mean complaints about my slacking. I am humbled by that gesture, but a lot has been happening that blogging just got relegated to the bottom of my to-do list.

Catching a break has never been my middle name most especially this month. I traded in my VW Passat a while ago for a Nissan Altima 2005 model under the notion that i will be saving on parts in the long run. However, that is not the catch though, because a couple of weeks ago the Altima was stolen for a teen joy ride. I did not even know of the theft until the cops came knocking on my door, mbu my car was found crashed in Ancaster and that it had been towed to Lockwood. That is the price you pay for having a house that has no garage and no drive way, anti you get to park on designated road sides! Grrrr!

Just like that my budget gat under intense threat ariko I have Liability coverage popularly known as one way insurance. I had to foot the extravagant towing bill and a daily parking charge at Lockwood as I settled with the police. If I had known that this car is a high risk car to teen thefts, I would not have departed with my faithful servant the Passat! Come to think about it, the Passat is even cheaper on gas (4 cyl), safer and rivarls the altima in handling. Jesus, what was I thinking?



Parked at the wreckers/body shop. I paid $85 a day plus taxes
for storage amounting to $387.60, never mind towing charges.
You see how unforgiving this world can be?




The dusty interior.



Atleast the engine seems to have survived the ordeal.


Adding insult to injury, three days ago Hopes finds his truck broken into and vandalized in a 7 storey parking building by the Jackson Square Mall. The passenger side screen or window had been smashed; the car phone plus other items like the CD/MP3 changer, music CDs (more than 50 of them; mostly Ugandan & 'bootleged' ofcourse), car ownership cert., auto insurance slips, two new tennis rackets, the Nikon D50 SLR camera (my favorite), personal letters and some other items intended as gifts to folks in Kampala and Kigali, stolen! Yet another dent into the overstretched budget. We are advised not to leave valuable belongings in our cars at a public parking lot, why Hopes did not heed to those warnings, which are plastered all over like grafiti, beats my feable mind! Anyways, owing to all that and other contributory factors blogging, people, has been the last thing on my mind!




This is Hopes truck with the vandals work in clear view.
That glass will probably cost him a cool $200 to replace and
about $50 labor charges plus taxes ofcourse.



Shattered glass all over. A huge vacuuming job for him



The phone mount and jerk glaring at the camera. That phone
is one thing I do not miss...

Lets forget all these calamities, my sense of belonging seems to have been restored kuba Hopes just bought a new digital camera, not a Nikon (because that would have cost a fortune) but a Sony's Cyber Shot DSC-H5! I am thrilled that at least I have a camera to carry with me and my kids whilst on a pilgrimage to East Africa. It may not be a SLR but sure has a huge LCD (far larger that D50's), 7.2 Mega pixels (compared to 6.1 Mega Pixels of the D50) and x12 “optical” zoom. I think it is worth all the bucks it costs. If you have some disposable bucks handy and you are a photographic enthusiast who can't afford those high priced SLRs, this maybe just what you need...a blast, thats what it is.

On a different note, please take a moment to watch this very enlightening video about our black children in North America and the education system that imposes mind degradation and self discrimination at a tender age. It displays how even today the minds of our black children are warped by the images they see in our country, from advertisements to the daily news... Check it out... Pay particular attention to the pre-schoolers who are given the choice between a black doll and a white doll..... See which one they think is bad and which one they think is good, and then watch as the little girl realizes which one looks like her... It's kind of sad for real... All I can say is do your best to show your kids that they are beautiful and can achieve anything!

I am out like the Nikon.

15 Comments:

Blogger Minty said...

You really had one size of a month! Pole about the vandals and the joyriders. Keep your chin up as you recover. It's great to have you back.

Monday, September 25, 2006 5:48:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane - Pole sana! And thank God you are well! You can always get another car, as long as you and your family are fine. God bless you.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:48:00 a.m.  
Blogger F. Safari said...

Jeni, I miss that camera too! Like I said, if you are safe and healthy you live another day.

I am here with Louis and Nada. They hope to drop by the CTR tomorrow before you leave.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:35:00 a.m.  
Blogger ish said...

man sorry bout ur stuff. esp the altima. (which i think kick's the passat's ass anyday)

my roomie in cali had one, and i loved it when she'd let me park it. i'd, of course, drive it round the parking lot a couple of times and then park it! guess u're right bout it bein a target for teenage joy-riders!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:58:00 p.m.  
Blogger Saadiq said...

bambi..sorry about ur break ins..sad to hear about that,but glad ure ok..everything else can be replaced but u know wat they say about life..atleast it wasnt a stick up or some mad crazed gun man!!All the best on ure trip back home..and with 7.2mega pixels..we're sure to have some really nice pics..Keep us posted(more regularly)

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:14:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jkb,

I took a look at your post
regarding Tampa Personal Injury Attorney .

You are invited to place a link to
your blog on our website for free. See:

http://www.thefreeadforum.com


We get over 18,000 visitors per day.
Many are looking for Tampa Personal Injury Attorney
related products and services.

We have a specific category for Tampa Personal Injury Attorney .
Your listing will be spidered by the search
engines under Tampa Personal Injury Attorney . Our pages
are made to be search engine friendly.
We hope you take a moment to take
advantage of this free advertising.

Cheers,

John

http://www.thefreeadforum.com
The Free Advertising Forum.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 1:40:00 a.m.  
Blogger Quillonpaper said...

It's nice to have you back (at your blog) JKB! Was missing your wonderful insights ...oh and inspiration too!

Saturday, September 30, 2006 8:38:00 a.m.  
Blogger Kanyana said...

Hi JKB, So sorry to hear about all that, what a crappy month, eh but you'll be alright and I'm sure the FUN ur goin to have at home will outweigh all this...:) And yes, I changed my blog link, it was a complete blonde moment, lol...dunno wat made me think it wud automatically show that and it was too late to change back but oh well...hope u and the fam are all good otherwise and have urselves a GREAT & blessed time at home!!! God Bless!!

Saturday, September 30, 2006 2:33:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pole bibi. Great, I turn my head for a few seconds and hell breaks loose. Relax, thats life mwatu. Guess what, I ran into the Umutoni kids in Van-city. Check ya email, their regards & contacts are sent...

Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:24:00 a.m.  
Blogger Pea said...

you have had QUITE the time, jkb! pole! i'm so excited about the camera though, i know it and i'm sure it'll serve to ease the nikon wound. i agree with basawad, what matters most is that you're all fine. God bless!

Monday, October 02, 2006 11:59:00 a.m.  
Blogger ~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

oh I'm devastated...altimas are too cute to smash.
and I'm with everyone thats delighted to see another post!

Monday, October 02, 2006 5:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger Carlo said...

my heart goes out to you!! how could they those little kids! but you will get through this. you know, "mourning lasts for a night but joy cometh in the morning". yeah, you'll be fine. keep you chin up.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 7:56:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy valium valium side effects pregnant - cheap generic valium uk

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:54:00 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

ugg outlet
chaussures christian louboutin
fitflop shoes
longchamp outlet store
polo ralph lauren
ugg boots
pandora charms
mulberry uk
supreme uk
true religion jeans
20179.19wengdongdong

Monday, September 18, 2017 10:33:00 p.m.  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

pandora
adidsas yeezy
pandora charms
air jordans
supreme clothing
yeezys
moncler
canada goose outlet
kobe sneakers
pandora bracelet

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 9:43:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home